The new Santa Cruz Nomad has arrived. Available today, boasting a huge 170mm travel, rugged carbon fibre frame and impeccably balanced geometry.
Now available to view in-store, see the entire range here.
Adapt to the Unknown
Big mountain riding is a nomadic existence. Meeting friends in far-flung car parks. Pinpointing trails you’re not sure are even rideable. Sending the ones you know are. Shiny new bling gets battered, shattered and bruised.
That’s life. That’s how it should be. That’s why the Nomad exists.
Probably the most abused bike in the Santa Cruz lineup, every Nomad has a story to tell. But each Nomad they’ve made keeps coming back for more. It’s not Stockholm Syndrome, it’s down to sealed bearings in all pivots, a lower link grease port, shuttle guards and free bearing replacements. Why scrap a frame when a simple bearing service can make one last a lifetime? That’s the Santa Cruz stance on sustainability at least, and it’s why their carbon fibre doesn’t just mean lighter, it means tough as hell – backed up by a lifetime warranty and crash replacement support.
There’s no time for puzzling when on a road trip either. That’s why Santa Cruz chose 27.5 wheels as the go-to for the widest variety of riding styles and rider sizes. When peeling your bike out of the van at a new spot your only question should be: “Is this a full face or a half lid kinda ride?”
The 64-degree head angle and 77-degree seat angle puts you in the sweet spot when winching up to the top of a big drop in. Meanwhile, the proportional chainstay lengths mean handling is never compromised, regardless of frame size. The Nomad’s chainstay length is matched to the frame size so every rider, no matter their height, gets the same balanced geometry.
And when we say big travel, we’re not talking about your Transit’s odometer. We’re talking 170mm of 38mm diameter fork and 170mm of VPP rear suspension compatible with both coil and air shocks. The details are completed by a neat mud flap to protect the rear shock, plus tidy cable routing within the frame and swingarm, and rubberized DT protectors to shrug off strikes.
So van-lifers unite. The new Santa Cruz Nomad is the kind of bike you need never worry about all summer long. Sorry, we can’t say the same for the locked public bathrooms and parking tickets.
- 27.5-inch wheels
- 170mm of lower link driven VPP rear travel + 170mm fork
- 64-degree head angle and 78-degree SA (in Hi)
- Size-specific CS lengths
- C & CC frame & Reserve 30 carbon wheel options
- Sizes: S, M, L, XL
- Improved leverage curve and twin swingarm uprights
- 37mm fork offset
- Available with coil and air shocks
- SRAM Universal Derailleur Hanger
- Santa Cruz Nomad C R 27.5 Mountain Bike 2021 – RRP £4,499
- Santa Cruz Nomad 5 C S 27.5 Mountain Bike 2021 – RRP £5,399
- Santa Cruz Nomad C XT 27.5 Mountain Bike 2021 – RRP £6,099
- Santa Cruz Nomad C XT Coil 27.5 Mountain Bike 2021 – RRP £6,099
- Santa Cruz Nomad CC X01 27.5 Mountain Bike 2021 – RRP £6,599
- Santa Cruz Nomad C XT Coil Rsv 27.5 Mountain Bike 2021 – RRP £7,099
- Santa Cruz Nomad C XT Reserve 27.5 Mountain Bike 2021 – RRP £7,099
- Santa Cruz Nomad CC Fox Float DH X2 Coil 27.5 Frame 2021 – RRP £3,299
- Santa Cruz Nomad CC Fox Float X2 27.5 Frame 2021 – RRP £3,299