Sophie has kindly answered our questions! For those who don’t know, Sophie manages to combine a very demanding city job along side competing her horses. It takes a huge amount of commitment and time for this to be able to work but she manages to do it!
- Do you have anything lucky that you will not be without on a competition day?
I have to wear something blue on some part of my clothing as these have been in my cross country colours since I started.
- What is your favourite and least favourite food?
Favourite- lasagne and garlic bread and least favourite anything spicy!
- What is your favourite song?
Nina Simone – Ain’t Got No, I Got Life.
- If you were starring in a film, who would you pick to play you and why?
I honestly wouldn’t have a clue – perhaps Worzel Gummidge as that is who I usually look like after a day at the yard!
- What is your least favourite horsey job?
Poo picking the fields!
- Do you have a winter timesaving tip you can share with us?
Make sure, where possible, you have a great groom as for me juggling a busy full time job and competing the horses I need good support. Also filling haynets whenever you have time always helps save time on a busy day if you have a few spare! Those dreaded haynets raise their ugly head again!!
- Who do you use as your trainer?
At the moment I am focussing more on the showjumping side of horses and have been training with Barrett Watson and Michael Paveley.
- What is the one piece of horsey kit you cannot be without?
My yard broom – I cannot stand a messy yard so am usually surgically attached to the broom!
- What is your favourite colour?
- Which sportsperson (from any sphere) do you admire most and why?
Roger Federer – committed, elegant and never shows negative emotions during a match.
- If you could pick any horse (not one of your own) to do one competition on, which one and why?
I think Opposition Buzz as he was always so amazing on the cross country.
- Where is your dream holiday?
Sorry not sure what a holiday is however if the bank manager ever stops trying to hunt me down then skiing in The Three Valleys in France please!
- If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
One of my mini Jack Russell’s – they live their best life sleeping either on the sofa or the bed, they come everywhere with me including the hairdressers! They have a wardrobe of amazing coats and are very well loved!
- What is your favourite product stocked by Forelock and Load?
Samshield hats – I wish I could afford to have a couple more with extra sparkles!