We are really fortunate to have a 300m outdoor rifle range on site, which allows shooters to test ammunition, zero their scopes and night vision, as well as moderators and guns. We limit the use to one shooter at a time, to ensure the safest environment we can offer. Safety is our upmost priority and we will not tolerate another other than best practice at all times. It is important if you use our range that you have a valid Firearms Licence and your own insurance.
How much does it cost and how long do I have?
Our range slots are £10 a session and this lasts for up to 2 hours. During busy periods, we will do our upmost to give you the time you have requested. You will need to sign in and out by popping into the shop during our opening hours, Monday – Friday 9am – 5:30pm and Saturday 10am – 4pm. You are welcome to come along with a friend, you both will need to pay to use the range and sign in and out. We do ask that only one person is shooting at any time.
How far is the range?
You can comfortably shoot at up to 300m on our rifle range. The distances are marked for ease and to help you set up your targets before shooting.
We regularly maintain the range, ensuring the backstops are sufficient and the grass is mown, to keep it a safe and an inviting environment.
What do I need to bring?
- Valid firearms certificate
- Your gun and ammunition, we have good stocks of ammo at the shop, if you require more
- Proof of current shooting insurance cover
- Hearing and eye protection
- We recommend you bring adequate outdoor clothing, you will be outside and we cannot predict the British weather!
- We have target holder and you’re welcome to bring your own targets. Alternatively you can purchase some new ones from the shop. Please remember to bring a staple gun or pins
- Range mats are advised, as you will be on grass.
We look forward to welcoming you to our range and hearing how you get on.